Saturday, January 29, 2011

Introducing....



Miren Kjerstina
Born January 27, 2011
5:30 p.m.
8 lbs 6 oz and 20.5 inches

Miren (Meer-in) is Basque and means "loved one" or "wished-for child." Since it's a variation of Mary, it's our way of honoring Robbie's paternal grandmother Mary and his maternal grandmother Marion. Kjerstina (Key-AIR-stina) is our way of honoring my mother. She hates her first name, but her middle name came from my Danish great great grandmother Rasmina Kjerstina.

One day, when Miren complains about her crazy name, all I have to say is: "It could have been worse - we could have gone with Rasmina."

4 comments:

  1. I actually like Rasmina :)...hmm, Rasmina Freiwald...just asked Sascha...big VETO. LOOOVE Miren's name. Love it. She's beautiful, Cass. Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful name! Worth the wait! :) I'm a big fan of family names!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is GORGEOUS!!!! I can't wait to give her lots and lots of kisses... and you know I LOVE the name! So... cheers to a happy, successful, joyful life full of adventure baby Miren.

    ReplyDelete